Thursday, April 2, 2009

Soy Sauce in My Coffee

That's what Crabkid did to me as an April Fool's joke. And while Dad was in the shower, we put toothpaste in the bottom of his sock! She was hysterical with joy as he described the feeling of minty squishiness between his toes. She loved that he had to go and wash his foot again! Dad really got into the spirit of the day and offered me a sherry last night that was in fact apple cider vinegar. As Crabkid would say, de-scrumptious.

And you all? Any tricks to report?

For those new readers who have come here from Cookie, welcome! No, that wasn't an April Fool's joke: I have really been laid off. And yes, it's okay. They were very good to me and I had lots of fun with that blog and made money out of it and ticked quite a few people all off. All good. But on the positive side of being laid off, I can't make fun of Mormons as freely over there as I can here. And when I said whackjob Octomom's kids should be taken away from her, they did ask me to "soften the message." Thankfully here I can be completely unfiltered...and I plan to get back to that so stay tuned, non-vaccinators, religious people, and people who have too many children: Crabmommy is coming for you!

13 comments:

elc said...

I'm so glad to have stumbled upon your blog. It made me laugh out loud! Motherhood has made me crazy- and not always in a good way! My oldest daughter duct taped my husband's dinner plate to the table for April Fool's... I was spared because I knew where the duct tape was. Bookmarking your blog NOW :)

DGB said...

Thankfully yesterday my coffee tasted like coffee and my socks were clean. I only have two children, though, so I feel safe from scorn. Kinda.

Genevieve said...

I've never been into April Fools jokes before, but I may need to start planning for next year..Soften the message? Doesn't everyone think her kids should be taken away?

crabmommy said...

yeah, seriously, Straz, everyone thinks that. I think i said it quite a bit before her complete wjhackjobness had become plain for all to see--so it wasn't yet PC.

dorothy said...

just read your piece on the guppies on cookie - that was just about the funniest thing i have read all week! tx

exhaustomom said...

I am so happy to have stumbled upon your blog. It's hilarious. Perfect for moms who function in reality. Thanks for the honesty!

tonypark said...

Yeeh-har.

Back in the saddle again.

(I note that we were both runners-up in the SA Blog Awards againg this year. We both know it means nothing...)

Lesterose said...

My three year old son and I rolled my husband's jeep in bright orange (non-adhesive) construction tape at his job. I got the boy to catch the roll under one side as I ran around to throw it over and do it all over again, wrapped the steering wheel up with it, it was great, his employees got a kick out of it and it only took him about ten minutes to undo the whole thing. The best thing about my favorite calendar day is he never gets me :D but I always get him, he had even commented to one of his managers that he was curious what his wife had in store for him on this first day of April, fun fun

crabmommy said...

Tony,Yeah, I know. whatevs, man.
Lesterose: that's elaborate. Nice!
Newcomers: welcome!

Alexis said...

No jokes, practical or otherwise, but sorry to hear you lost the cookie gig. This blog is waaaay more fun, though! You can still shill for etsy here, right?

Anonymous said...

Cookie´s complete and total loss...here is hoping the followers you had there will find their crabbyfix here with you. Promise you will never-ever go PC on us! We so need more of your plain talk on this planet. Write on Crabmommy!
OXOX Mama de HJH

cathy said...

I hate to hear that the bloglet is no more! Ah well, you can be a bit more crabby here anyway, though without the paycheck.

nina's baby clothes said...

That Crabkid sounds just like you. Love your blog!

Powered By Blogger